Welcome to the Bath House Children's
Ofsted rated our services to be Outstanding
What Ofsted said about us
"Children make very good progress in all areas of learning and development because staff are caring and have a good knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage. Staff know the children and their families well, they recognise and treat children as individuals...."
Please have a look at the full report www.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-reports
What parents said about us
"you have created such a wonderfully loving and caring place..."
" ..we have been very happy indeed with the education, creativity, warmth and happiness that your fabulous team have given.."
The Bath House is a charitable, not-for-profit, voluntary sector children's centre that offers a range of childcare services on our premises in Hackney. The Bath House was set up in December 2000 by a group of parents and childcare workers to provide high quality childcare and activities for children.
It is a non-profit making organisation run by a management committee and a company limited by guarantee (no. 04132678) and a registered charity (no.1089829). The Project Director, Maggie Norwood, has managed nurseries and play centres in Hackney since 1991.
The Bath House offers a range of childcare for children from 12 months to 11 years
The Nursery is divided into three age groups each with a dedicated staff team:
The Bunnies from 12 months to 2 years,
The Rainbow 2-3 years,
The Sunshine 3-4 years.
- The Bunnies offers year round care (47 weeks) and also offers part-week and short day options.
- The Rainbow and Sunshine groups also have term-time attendance only options (38 weeks following school terms). Bunnies are always 47 weeks in the year.
- Our main intake is in September. Due to building work our Bunnies intake will be November 2020.
- After-school care is provided in school term-time for children aged 4 to 11 years. We collect children from Shacklewell and Colvestone primary schools. Care is provided until 6.00 each evening. This service is currently suspended due to Covid19.
- Holiday care is provided in all school holidays, except Christmas, for children Reception-aged to 11 years of age - 9.00 to 6.00 daily. This service is currently suspended due to Covid19.
Tax free childcare for children under 12
Families may be able to get 20% of childcare fees funded by Government via online childcare account. See www.gov.uk/help-with-childcare-costs/tax-free-childcare
Our Sunshine room won a RIBA London 2016 award.
The Bath House is based in a 1932 former public council bath house, which was purchased by the Bath House from Hackney Council in April 2002. The Bath House is a very attractive premises all on one level, with lantern light roof windows, spacious play rooms, and exciting outdoor play areas. The Bunnies group (ages 1-2 years) have their own outdoor play area and there is a lovely outdoor play area at the back for the other children.
Our Diversity policy extends to staff recruitment, training, admissions, resources and play materials, and all aspects of the Bath House management and childcare.
The safety and security of your child is our priority concern. All staff have completed police checks, and senior staff are highly qualified and experienced. Junior staff and trainees are supervised in their work. All staff are trained and qualified in childcare, and have safeguarding training.
Special Educational Needs
Children with special educational needs are welcomed in the nursery and out-of-school care. We work very closely with the Learning Trust Special Educational Needs team to ensure the best possible outcomes for all children .